Rapid Lawn Landscape Solutions Ltd. is your best Regina landscaping company. We have helped many customers achieve the yards they have always dreamed of. In our latest article, we share some benefits of synthetic turf.
Saving water is one of the Benefits of Synthetic Turf
With many synthetic turf fields currently in use across Saskatchewan, students have the opportunity to practice and play on a sports field that can always be counted upon. Simultaneously, across North America, thousands of homes, businesses, golf courses, municipalities and public spaces have turned to synthetic grass to provide a lush, attractive landscape solution that requires minimal resources and maintenance while saving millions of litres of water each year.
Consider the following benefits of synthetic turf:
- A typical grass sports field can use millions of litres of water each year. Synthetic turf allows communities to conserve that water, which is particularly critical during times of drought.
- Synthetic turf is a smart solution for overused, unsafe playing fields. A grass field simply cannot remain lush and resilient if it is used more than three to four days a week, or in the rain, or during the six + months of the year when grass doesn’t grow in Saskatchewan – otherwise the surface will become an unsafe, rock-hard, dirt field.
- Saskatchewan communities need accessible, versatile play surfaces for youth and people of all ages. Parks and sports fields with synthetic turf promote 3 season activity on safe and resilient surfaces. Increased activity helps reduce childhood obesity and promotes well-being.
- One of the benefits of synthetic turf is, it helps eliminate the use of potentially harmful pesticides and fertilizers while significantly decreasing maintenance costs.
Reduce water and lawn maintenance with synthetic turf
- A typical lawn of 1800 square feet can require 212,000 litres of water for maintenance each year. Synthetic grass enables home-owners to conserve that water and that is a great thing!
Pro Tip: “Turf is seeing huge growth, in properties large and small”
- Think of your water bill! Users often recover the installation costs within a few years by reducing the need for water and lawn maintenance costs.
- Artificial grass is a smart solution for beautifying public spaces such as highway medians and airport landing strips that would otherwise be difficult and expensive to maintain. It reduces city maintenance costs, freeing your tax dollars for other purposes.
- Because synthetic turf can withstand so much wear and tear, schools can rent their synthetic turf fields to local sports team and organizations to bring in extra funding. In addition, reducing sports field maintenance budgets frees up new funds for the classroom.
Rapid Lawn Landscape Solutions Ltd. is your one-stop Regina landscaping company. We have experience working on several large and small-scale commercial projects. Our equipment and our team are ready to tackle a variety of commercial landscaping jobs from snow removal to hydroseeding and anything in between. We also have access to an extensive network of professionals across Saskatchewan and Canada so give us a call to get your project started.
In addition to landscape design, hardscaping and artificial turf, we also do conventional seeding and are suppliers of landscape supply products. We sell all types of turfgrass seed, native grass seed and low maintenance grass seed products.
Our professional Trusted Regina hydroseeding and landscaping team offers innovative re-vegetation, grass seeding, dust control, reclamation, landscaping and erosion control solutions and hydroseeding for all types of residential, commercial, government, industrial and oilfield projects.