Rapid Lawn Landscape Solutions Ltd. is your best Regina landscaping company. We have helped many customers achieve the yards they have always dreamed of. In our latest article, we share some benefits of landscaping.
It’s easy to appreciate the sights and smells afforded by lush green lawns and landscapes, but did you know their real value is much more substantial than pleasing aesthetics and aromas? That’s right, well-managed landscapes offer tremendous benefits for people and for the environment.
Environmental Benefits of Landscaping
- Natural Coolants – Grass is much cooler than asphalt or cement. It acts as an “air conditioner” for the surrounding area. In fact, lawns can be 31 degrees cooler than asphalt and 20 degrees cooler than bare soil. Trees shading homes can reduce attic temperatures by as much as 40 degrees.
- Environmental Cleaners – Grass plays a vital role in capturing dust, smoke particles and other pollutants, and it produces oxygen.
- Water Protectors – Healthy lawns absorb unhealthy runoff that might otherwise filter into bodies of water.
- Air Cleaners – Grasses absorb carbon dioxide and break it down into oxygen and carbon. A turf area 50′ x 50′ produces enough oxygen to meet the everyday needs of a family of four.
- Noise Minimizers – Lawns and plants dramatically reduce noise pollution; they can reduce noise levels by 20 percent to 30 percent over hard surfaces like concrete and pavement.
- Turfgrass slows down and absorbs runoff into bodies of water.
Even in areas that have water restrictions and are experiencing drought, it is important that lawns and landscapes remain a viable component of healthy communities. There are a number of sustainable practices that will allow managed lawns and landscapes to reduce water usage but still provide important environmental benefits.
Benefits of Commercial Landscaping
Businesses are more successful when they provide clients with landscaped areas around buildings and plants inside buildings.
- Research found seven percent higher rental rates for commercial offices having high-quality landscapes.
- Shoppers claim they will spend nine to 12 percent more for goods and services in central business areas that have high quality tree canopies.
- Shoppers indicate they will travel a greater distance and a longer time to visit an area with a high-quality tree canopy, and spend more time there once they arrive.*
- Companies that provide their employees with interactions with nature also benefit. Research showed that workers who could view nature from their desks had much better job and life satisfaction and better health.
Physical and Psychological Benefits Of Landscaping
- The benefits of human interaction with plants, trees, and grass are also well studied and documented. Research has found that people find stress relief and healing when interacting with nature or even viewing it through a window.
- According to Harvard Health Publications, children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) seem to focus better after being outdoors. Workers are more productive as well when working in environments with plants, and cognitive function is improved.
But, perhaps more important than what science tells us, is what people instinctively feel about the plants and green spaces in their lives–that the connection makes their lives better, and they want to make an effort to incorporate it into their lives.
In addition to landscape design, hardscaping and artificial turf, we also do conventional seeding and are suppliers of landscape supply products. We sell all types of turfgrass seed, native grass seed and low maintenance grass seed products.
Our professional Trusted Regina hydroseeding and landscaping team offers innovative re-vegetation, grass seeding, dust control, reclamation, landscaping and erosion control solutions and hydroseeding for all types of residential, commercial, government, industrial and oilfield projects.