Rapid Lawn Landscape Solutions Ltd. is your best Regina landscaping company. We have helped many customers achieve the yards they have always dreamed of. In our latest article, we share some mowing tips to make your Regina yard look even more awesome.
Make your yard look great with these mowing tips
Canadians are always looking to have a great lawn, there is a sense pride that comes along with a lush green yard, especially in Saskatchewan where the lawn season is short and winter weather can cause havoc on your yard!
If you want a great yard to make your neighbors green with envy, but you are not sure the best way to mow, follow these effective mowing tips from your Trusted Regina landscapers and your yard will be looking great in no time!
- Remove debris prior to mowing. Debris, such as small pieces of trash and sticks, that is too large for the mower to mulch can cause problems for your mower and may create safety hazards.
- Take proper safety precautions. Wear closed-toed shoes. Ensure that all shields and safety guards are in place prior to operation.
- Do not mow right after it rains. Mowing wet grass will cause clumping and ruts. This also leaves the lawn more susceptible to certain diseases.
- Mow in the morning. It’s preferable to mow earlier in the day. It’s better for the grass and the lower temperatures are better for you.
- Mow the right height. Generally, remove no more than 1/3 of height of the grass.
- Change directions. The pattern change will control coarse grass and create even surfaces.
- Maintain vertical edges along hard surfaces for a manicured finished look. Trim around obstacles using a string trimmer.
- Blow clippings back off hard surfaces after mowing. It looks nice and avoids the clippings from blowing into the street or on your neighbor’s property.
- Consider grass cycling. Grass cycling allows grass clippings to remain on the lawn, allowing nitrogen and nutrients to be returned to the soil. It also protects against fungal disease. If the grass is long, you may have to double cut it to properly mulch-up clippings. Never leave excess clippings on top of the lawn.
- Keep your mower in top shape. Not only are dull blades not effective, but they can also damage your lawn.
- Hire a Pro. Your Trusted Regina Landscapers are experienced in safe mowing practices and bring the skills and training to keep your lawn healthy.
Rapid Lawn Landscape Solutions Ltd. is your one-stop Regina landscaping company. We have experience working on several large and small-scale commercial projects. Our equipment and our team are ready to tackle a variety of commercial landscaping jobs from snow removal to hydroseeding and anything in between. We also have access to an extensive network of professionals across Saskatchewan and Canada so give us a call to get your project started.
In addition to landscape design, hardscaping and artificial turf, we also do conventional seeding and are suppliers of landscape supply products. We sell all types of turfgrass seed, native grass seed and low maintenance grass seed products.
Our professional Trusted Regina hydroseeding and landscaping team offers innovative re-vegetation, grass seeding, dust control, reclamation, landscaping and erosion control solutions and hydroseeding for all types of residential, commercial, government, industrial and oilfield projects.